Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Big day...

...came and went in a bit of a blur. I guess that's what happens with things like this, everything builds up to a single day, and then before you know it, it's all over.

The morning dawned bright and sunny and beautiful. After brunch at the cafe in St. Margarets, we headed along to the Sheldonian for the ceremony. It was very nice to see everyone there with their parents, walking past the men with bowler hats guarding the gates and into the Universities ceremonial hall.



It was a lovely ceremony, the Chancellor of the University Lord Patten was in attendance and gave a lovely speach. He was outshone however by both of the MBA speakers - Rachel Wagner and Graeme Glover who between them managed to sing and mention Hugh Grant!

Then we were each called to the front and shook the hand of the Dean Prof Anthony Hopwood.

Beautiful. It would not have been a proper celebration without the odd bottle of champagne or four which were dutifully shaken up and opened. The ceremony was followed by a reception at the business school and then dinner and drinks afterward.

It's funny, it's (almost) all over and yet it hasn't sunk in yet... maybe over the next week or two it will become more real and then I'll know that it's time to move on, to move back to real life. *sigh*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vaniah, this sounds wonderful. I enjoyed reading your blog, and I wish you all the same success and excitement in the future!

7:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home