Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Final Countdown


With red carnations abounding signifying the Final exam of our MBA, and a beautiful clear day to welcome us, we sat in a nearby coffee shop or stood outside the Examinations School waiting to cross our final hurdle.

Once seated in Sub Fusc in our rows, there was an anouncement of the three golden rules from Tomo, our Accounts professor in Michaelmas. These rules shall remain a secret for all MBA classes alone to hear.

Ironically, the Examiners are not without a human face. At the end of the exam, they anounced to us that despite the reputation of MBA classes in the past, we have been the most well behavied group ever, and then let us out of the school into the beautiful (and normally closed) side entrance to the Schools.


It is difficult to describe the feeling walking out of those doors. A mixture of relief that it was all over, sadness that it was all over and apprehension that it was all over. A rollercoaster of emotions that left you feeling just... well... in need for one more tradition. The Turf.



Our adventure is well and truely coming to an end. Next stop, the parents, the ceremony and the dinner(s).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home