Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Thursday, September 14, 2006

So you think it's all over...?

Having completed our final exam last Thursday and had my sigh of relief that the MBA was all over, it was a bit of a shock to get a call on Friday afternoon with the news that we had received a viva for our final summer project. Now a viva normally means one of two things: 1) you are boarderline fail and they would like to give you a chance to defend yourself or 2) you are boarderline distinction and they'd like to make sure.

We were actually neither of these, they give out a prize for the best SCP and we were one of the teams shortlisted! Wow! Yikes! So it was back to the drawing board again pulling together a deck for our presentation and preparing for the many possible questions that they could ask.

We find out tonight who won the prize and even if we don't, it's a great experience that we can all put on our CV :)

On another note
It's nice to be able to surf the internet again. Here is a random article that I found that is almost worth a read :)

Update: We were robbed! No, not really, the Russians won the best SCP prize, and from the sound it it, they deserved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home